McFarling Foods is a local, community-based distributor, serving independent restaurants with quality, fresh food and expert consultation.
Based in Indianapolis, McFarling offers quality, fresh food.
Along with reliable delivery, personal service and a fair price. This is the McFarling way, and it's our promise to customers. As one of the largest independently-owned broadline food distributors in Indiana, McFarling Foods has provided national brands and programs through the local connection to our community for over a half-century. We are also a shareholder in Unipro Foodservice Inc, the world's largest food service cooperative. Our customers include renowned independent establishments, fine dining restaurants, deli's, diners, caterers, concessions and institutional food service operators.
Warehouse Associate -1st Shift
- Do you value the importance of customer service?
- Do you like variety and new challenges?
- Are you great at work that allows you to follow clear directions?
If so, as a Warehouse Associate at McFarling Foods, you will play a critical role in the day-to-day warehouse functions as a part of a small team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated associate who will work diligently and efficiently to provide the best quality products to our customers with accuracy and timeliness.
Your responsibilities include:
- Read and follow work orders and requisitions to determine quantities and types of products for distribution.
- Determine the location of requested items, sort, and store products in the warehouse for distribution, in coordination with all departments, using Inventory Management System.
- Print and label products with identifying information.
- Drive and operate motorized equipment (i.e. pallet jacks, reach riders, or forklifts) to transport stored items in the warehouse for shipment.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or into customer vehicles.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and deliver or recover product to/from customers, as needed while operating a non-CDL company vehicle.
- Collect payments and appropriate documentation from customers, on occasion.
- Exhibit stellar customer service practices for both internal and external customers.
- Follow standard company policies and procedures.
- Adaptable and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum High School diploma or GED. Must possess a valid driver’s license, no accidents, moving violations, major violations, or points on driving record, and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Ability to operate a computer, route navigation applications, and knowledge of the area to deliver/recover products to/from customers in a timely matter. Must be a critical thinker with the ability to interpret both written and oral instructions. Regularly required to walk. Occasionally required to stand. Regularly required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 75 pounds. Occasionally required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 100 pounds. Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. Occasionally work in high places.
· Are you looking for an opportunity to build a rewarding career?
· Are you hard-working and enthusiastic with a strong motivation for success?
· Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service abilities?
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an energetic and motivated Route Driver to deliver our products to clients like convenience stores, schools, hospitals, and restaurants.
We offer the highest quality food, driven to our customer’s door from a Hoosier company, owned by Hoosiers. As a Route Driver, you will unload products, collect and deposit client payments, and ensure that our customers are satisfied. You can earn up to $22 per hour, plus we offer excellent benefits, as well as, a $2,500 sign-on bonus for qualified candidates.
Qualified candidates must possess a Class A driver’s license with at least 1-year verifiable experience, high school diploma or GED, previous food service and route driving experience preferred.
If this sounds like the kind of career move that you’ve been waiting for, and if you're willing to work hard we want to talk with you!
Order Selector 3rd Shift
- Do you want to make up to $18/hr?
- Are you a detail-oriented, steady and consistent person?
- Are you motivated to work hard and help the team?
- Are you great at work that allows you to follow clear directions?
If so, as an Order Selector at McFarling Foods, you will play a critical role in the day-to-day warehouse functions as a part of a small team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated order selector who will work diligently and efficiently to provide the best quality products to our customers with accuracy and timeliness.
Your responsibilities include:
- Read pick labels to determine type and quantity of items to be picked.
- Identify correct storage bin using the alpha-numeric code.
- Indicate any shortages and determine appropriate substitutes.
- Move materials and items from storage areas to the loading dock or other designated areas with the use of “pallet jacks” and “reach rider” (stand up forklift).
- Check merchandise with a loading document to ensure correct product quantity and type.
Qualified candidates will have a High school diploma or GED; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, capability to use pick by voice system including the ability to hear and to speak into microphone, able to lift 75lbs on a consistent basis, ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals, and the ability to solve problems quickly.
If you want an opportunity to make a difference in a company that is growing,
McFarling Foods is looking for a talented Account Specialist. We need someone who is:
· HIGH energy, optimistic and persuasive
· Hungry to succeed, and
· Comfortable working in a rapidly-changing broadline food distribution environment.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to hear from you!
Account Specialist at McFarling Foods plays an important role in our growth and are responsible for connecting buyers with products and services needed by facilitating the entire sales process. The right candidate must be able to multi-task and be solutions-driven to provide the best quality products and service to our customers.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Qualifying and developing inbound and outbound leads and responding to inquiries.
- Utilize different methods of communicating with potential buyers and sellers (via phone, email, and text).
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
- Accurately tracking all communications in the system.
- Leveraging promotional campaigns to grow sales to our existing customer base and to attract new customers.
- Working collaboratively across teams to achieve goals including marketing, purchasing, and distribution.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree; two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, telephone and inside sales experience preferred, knowledge of food industry and related products, accurate data entry skills and the ability to resolve problems quickly and calmly.
If you want an opportunity to be a change agent in a company that is growing
Operations Manager - 3rd Shift
· Are you organized and detailed-oriented?
· Do you effectively manage and lead others?
· Do you have proven Warehouse Management experience?
If so, McFarling Foods would like to hear from you!
We are currently searching for an Operations Manager who leads by collaborative leadership. The role of the Warehouse Manager is to successfully manage the 3rd shift warehouse team and direct activities related to receiving, storing, controlling, and shipping merchandise to our customer base. This position supports the Director of Operations in achieving established performance goals, ensures compliance with company, USDA, and FDA policies and procedures. This energetic, fun individual needs to be a self-starter.
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Advises and leads employees on methods and use of equipment in handling, maintaining, and shipping products.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures; ensures shipments are audited for accuracy prior to shipping and takes corrective action to correct errors.
- Ensures goals are met through continuously monitoring and maintaining 3rd shift operations within the warehouse.
- Maintains compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Closely monitors safety and cleanliness of warehouse: ensures safety procedures are being followed as expected and training carried out for the protection of each employee and the company.
- Evaluates warehouse layout and recommends changes as necessary to maintain cost efficient operation.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Supervises employees; fosters a well-trained and motivated staff; performs employee performance reviews, engages in and assist with employee relations activities and corrective action in conjunction with Human Resources in a timely and effective manner.
- Develops a culture based on open dialogue and involvement of all employees that demonstrates the value of their input and engagement in improving performance
Essential Qualifications and Education Requirements
Qualified candidates will have, at minimum, an Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 3 to 5 years of related experience which includes supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; knowledge of USDA and FDA policies and procedures; knowledge of manufacturing software; order processing systems and Microsoft office software; advanced interpersonal and supervisory skills; capability to use electronic inventory tracking; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; using whole numbers and decimals; ability to solve problems quickly and independently; regularly required to walk and occasionally required to stand; regularly required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 75 pounds; occasionally required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 100 pounds; and regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold.
Distributor Sales Representative
We are currently in search of an experienced Distributor Sales Representative (DSR) with an entrepreneurial mindset, tenacity and superb customer service skills.Do you enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing and innovative environment? If so, we may have the opportunity for you! You will play a critical role in driving sales for our existing customers, as well as, develop and service future customers to continue to secure McFarling Foods, Inc as an industry leader. We pride ourselves on being a step above our competitors especially in delivery times and customer service. The right candidate will be fully committed to organizational success, possesses a “can do” attitude and believes anything is possible with the right focus.
As a DSR, your responsibilities will span a vast array of skills including but not limited to the following:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Work closely with regular and prospective customers in assigned territory to solicit orders, display or demonstrates products, using samples or catalog, and emphasize salable features and investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Prepare reports, keep expense accounts and mileage logs.
- Work directly with inside sales representatives and purchasing personnel.
- Tracks stock levels and coordinate customer training.
Qualified candidates will possess at minimum an Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or University, or 2 - 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; valid driver’s license, knowledge of the food industry and related products; adhere to customer service principles and practices, excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; knowledge of inventory software, order processing systems, spreadsheet software and word processing software.If you are a self-motivated, results-oriented, sharp, innovative and driven proven sales leader we would love to speak with you. Be a part of our exceptionally talented team that values initiative and gives every opportunity to explore your ambitions.